Saturday, July 21, 2007

Has the Whole World Gone mAd?

I was leaving work yesterday at the mall, and there was a HUGE crowd waiting for the release of the new and final Harry Potter book. As I walked through the crowd looking for the exit, it struck me. I never really thought about it before. You know why I like the Harry Potter crowd? Not because they dress up like the characters, not because they range from all ages, and not because they're super geeks. I'll tell you why... How often do you see people waiting for hours outside of a store for a BOOK? Not for a new movie coming out, that will probably end up being crap. Not for a new iPhone. For a book. To read. I really think that's fascinating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i went to banres and noble at midnight to get my copy. totally worth it.